Hearing Aid Sales & Service
Glacier Hearing Services has been helping people in the Flathead Valley hear better for thirty-eight years. Over that time, we have made advances in technology accessible to the people of this area and we look forward to helping you!
We offer hearing aids from many different manufacturers, including:
- Sonic Innovations
Answering “Yes” to any one of the questions below may indicate that you have a hearing loss:
- Do you feel like your hearing is muffled?
- Do you have to ask people to repeat what they have said?
- Do you listen to the television or radio at a higher volume than others around you?
- Do you have trouble understanding conversations, especially with background noise or when more than one person is talking?
- Do you hear people speaking, but cannot fully understand the words?
- Do you withdraw or avoid social situations because you have trouble hearing what is being said?
What makes one hearing aid different from another? Not all hearing aids are created equal. Each hearing aid has a prescription, much like eye glasses; what works well for one individual may not be appropriate for another. Variations in size and style impact the acoustics of the ear and the performance of the hearing aid. There are multiple circuits that handle various environments differently. In the last several years, hearing aids have become increasingly complex. you should be confident that the person who programs your hearing aid has the knowledge to optimize it for your individual circumstances.
How do I know if hearing aids are the best solution for me? Hearing problems can be treated with medications, surgery or hearing aids. A wise man once said, “If your only tool is a hammer, the whole world looks like a nail.” If an office only works with hearing aids, that is the only solution they can offer. Glacier Hearing Services is affiliated with Glacier Ear, Nose, & Throat; as a result we have numerous tools to assist us with hearing loss, including medical solutions when appropriate.
For additional information about hearing aid technology, visit our Hearing Aid Technology page.
For information about the different hearing aid styles, visit our Hearing Aid Styles page.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us at 406-752-1014. We look forward to hearing from you!